An Introduction: Who is The Blogger Anyway

I figured I should do an introduction of myself while I dust out the cobwebs from this little corner of the internet. I'm giving myself some grace and starting blogging again after some much needed time off. I still hold the domain for A Free Spirit from Jersey, but I thought I needed a fresh start.

I'm Chandler Elizabeth, the wordy gal behind this blog. I am a twenty-something dreamer who wants big things for small children. I'm an elementary school teacher by day (although I guess it's worth mentioning that I'm taking some time off right now... but more about that later). I'm Disney obsessed, have a sunglasses collection that rivals my shoe collection, and I will sing along to any song that comes on the radio.

I'm a multitude of things like any other person you'll meet. I'm fiercely loyal and as stubborn as they come. I say yes ma'am, hey y'all, and please and thank you. I sign all my cards and personal letters with love. I'll send all the positive thoughts and good vibes your way when something goes wrong. I believe in good intentions and kindness is my religion.
I prefer my nails painted almost black - Lincoln Park After Dark is my current obsession. I listen to my music about 20 decibels higher than I should. I have an affinity for cuss words and I haven't quite figured out why anyone would ever only want one glass of wine. I'm also learning not to take life too seriously.



I drink caffeine against my doctor's wishes but I run and box and go for long walks almost every day. I struggle with anxiety on a daily basis and depression during different seasons of my life. I'm a fan of afternoon naps, vinyl records, Hallmark movies, and cozy blankets.

My family lives across many different states and time zones. But they are my whole heart. I have two sisters, and middle child syndrome like it's going out of style. I love on pets that belong to anyone I may meet but I'm slightly too selfish to have any of my own. My friends come from all different walks of life and I wouldn't want it any other way. I wholeheartedly believe that you become like the people you choose to surround yourself with. My friends are a blessing and have most definitely become a part of my family.

This blog is the dumping grounds for all the thoughts that get jumbled up in my head. I don't promise to enlighten you with new recipes, DIY tips, or even how to handle stress. But I do promise to always be honest, to share my struggles and triumphs, and to ramble on more than is necessary.

So if you feel like staying a while, grab yourself a drink, read on, and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

Comments